STTARS' Intensive Family Support Counselling Program
STTARS' Intensive Family Support Counselling provides counselling to families (with children) who have a refugee or migrant background and who have experienced torture and/or war-related trauma before coming to Australia.
Our Intensive Family Support Counselling program works to support families who are experiencing difficulties in cultural transition as a result of their experiences prior to their arrival in Australia.
This service is free, confidential and involves voluntary participation.
Intensive Family Support Counselling offers:
- Improved family relationships
- Grief and loss counselling
- Support in managing transition to a new country (acculturation)
- To alleviate traumatic reactions to personal and environmental triggers
- To address behavioural issues or concerns
- Reduced social isolation
- To connect families to their communities
This service will provide:
- Assessment and evaluation
- Supportive family intervention
- A strengths-based approach
- Creative coping strategies
- Information sharing and referral to appropriate resources
This service is available to families living in the Eastern Adelaide Region
STTARS does not provide crisis or emergency service, these should be referred to Mental Health Triage on 13 14 65 or SAPOL on 000.
Please contact STTARS on (08) 8206 8900 for more information.