STTARS Intensive Family Support Counselling Program
STTARS Intensive Family Support Counselling provides counselling to families with children from a refugee or migrant background who have experienced torture and /or war-related trauma prior to coming to Australia.
Our purpose with the STTARS Intensive Family Support Counselling Program is to support families who are experiencing difficulties in cultural transition as a result of their experiences prior to arrival in Australia.
This service is free; confidential and involves voluntary participation.
Intensive Family Support Counselling offers the following:
- Improve Family Relationship issues
- Grief and loss Counselling
- Manage transition to new country (acculturation)
- Alleviate traumatic reactions to personal and environmental triggers
- Address behavioural issues or concerns
- Reduce social isolation
- Connect families to their Communities
This service will provide:
- Assessment and evaluation
- Supportive family intervention
- Strengths-based approach
- Creative coping strategies
- Information sharing and referral to appropriate resources
This Service is provided to families in the:
- Eastern Adelaide Region
Please note: STTARS does not provide crisis or emergency service, these should be referred to Mental Health Triage on 13 14 65 or SAPOL on 000.
Please contact STTARS on (08) 8206 8900 to make a referral.